National Conclave @ VGSOM
Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur, has conceived a platform where policy-makers, corporate doyens, academicians and the student community can bring this grand vision to fruition.
PURVODAYA - National Conclave is where both the opportunities and obstacles that line this path can be explored.
While economic growth is important, it is imperative that the development process is all-inclusive and the spin-offs of the process trickle down to all sections of society. Several issues like striking a balance between agrarian and industrial interests, SEZs, need to be explored and debated to enable informed decision-making. It is such strategic, social and geo-political issues related to the development process that will be set before the galaxy of distinguished speakers at PURVODAYA.
The conclave would encompass vital sectors, which would play a prominent role in "Ascent of the East". The program is divided into four sub-themes each focusing on a key area namely Mining & Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Service Industry and Sustainable Growth along with Manthan – The Panel Discussion.
Speakers who have confirmed participation (till date) include dignitaries like:
1. Mr. Sunil Mitra
• Principal Secretary, Power, West Bengal Government
2. Mr. Ashim Burman
• Chairman, Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC)
3. Mr. Debashish Som
• Managing Director, WBIDC (West Bengal Infrastructure Development Corporation)
4. Mr. G. Ojha
• Director Personnel, SAIL
5. Mr. Vivekananda Pattanayak, IAS (Retd)
• Ex- Chairman, Orrisa Public Service Commission, presently Head Bhubaneswar Stock
6. Mr. R Srinivasan, Board member, ITC.
7. Mr. Prakash Apte, Director, IIMB.
8. MR B.D. MUNDHRA , Chairman and Managing Director, Simplex Infrastructures Ltd
9. Dr. A. K. Chanda, Chairman Calcutta Port Trust
10. Senior Speakers from
• Development for International Development (DFID), UK
• Senior Partner from Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC)
• One more speaker from ITC.
In addition, the event also includes a challenging competition for students across the nations. Titled SARVUNNATI it aims to bring together the future leaders from different B-schools across the country to present their innovative ideas on various issues of the resurgent east.
PURVODAYA, we hope, will generate ideas that will leave their impression on the "sands of time" and give solution to those outstanding issues that act as roadblocks to the growth of the East.
PURVODAYA welcomes you to shape and share its vision for the Ascent of the East.
To know more about the event click here.
Labels: Events - VGSOM